Over the next 5 weeks in Beech and Rowan classes we will be exploring the concept of Fair Trade and why it is important. We will identify the Fair Trade Logo and begin to understand what the Fair Trade Organisation does? We will look at ways in which we can support fairly traded goods and plan and carry out a project to encourage people in our local community to purchase fair trade goods. Once we are feeling fairly comfortable with the concept of Fair Trade, we will then focus on fair trade and the products of Africa.
For the Academic Year commencing September 2020, learn about your class teachers below:
WORK FOR CHILDREN WHO ARE SELF-ISOLATING
ROWAN AND BEECH
HOME LEARNING NOW SENT THROUGH SEESAW FROM W/C 20 APRIL 2020
- Pupils should continue to practise their times tables (we will send home extra grid and speed maths sheets)
- Children should access their IXL account and practise grammar and maths tasks appropriate for Years 5 and 6.
- Twinkl, Classroom Secrets, TES and Teacher's Pet - have all announced free membership for parents at the moment. Pupils should look out for the Arithmetic Papers on Twinkl for both Years 5 and 6.
- [www.twinkl.co.uk/offer - enter the code UKTWINKLHELPS]
- Reading - children should continue to read on a daily basis, write a Book Report on any completed reads.
- https://spellingframe.co.uk/spelling-rule/5/Year-5-and-6 (Great website for spelling patterns)
- www.primaryresources.co.uk (free resources for primary)
- Research our next topic on Free Trade - Create a poster on FREE TRADE