Welcome to Hawthorn and Maple Class!
Hawthorn and Maple are both Reception Classes. Our curriculum is child centred, learning through play and exploration.
We work as one team, where the children can learn and play together, having free-flow both inside and outside.
Class teacher: Mrs R Tagg
Teaching assistants: Mrs Stevens
Class Teacher: Miss E Campbell and Mrs N Barnett
Teaching assistant: Miss C Porter
Our Termly Reads
Each term we will focus on three books, building up our knowledge and understanding about each one. Our books for Autumn 1 are:
Learning at home
Reading is a skill which is so valuable in life and we would like the children to develop a love of reading. In school we will read with each child at least once a week, building on their pre-reading skills and assessing their phonic skills. We ask that your child shares their school reading book at home with an adult, with each session recorded in their reading record. We aim to change your child's book every Friday.
Please make sure that your child has their P.E kit in school, with all items named. Your child should have a plain t-shirt, shorts and daps/trainers. As the weather turns colder, you may wish to provide trousers and a long sleeved top as well.
Hawthorn - Thursday Morning- Dance
Maple - Thursday Morning- Dance
Your child can bring in a healthy packed lunch or order a school lunch. Lunch can be ordered in advance (by midnight the day before) using the ScoPay app.
For Reception children we follow the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework, which is based on learning through play. We also do daily phonics and maths sessions.
A few reminders for the year ahead:
- At the start of the day, the double doors will open at 8:45am and the children will be able to come and hang their things on their peg. At the end of the day Maple will leave out of their classroom door and Hawthorn through the double doors.
- Children will need to bring in their own water bottle to drink from throughout the day. Please make sure this is named.
- As the weather begins to change, please make sure your child brings in a waterproof coat each day. It is a good idea to send your child in with a pair of wellies to keep in school, we do go outside in all weather. Please make sure they are named.
- Snack will be by the school. Alternatively, you may choose to supply a healthy snack, such as fruit, for your child. Please also remember that nuts are not allowed in school due to allergies.
- On Wednesday afternoon, Miss Porter will be teaching in Hawthorn and Mrs Stevens will be teaching in Maple.
- Could you also ensure book bags are checked regularly for letters etc. Please also check out our class page on our school website for further updates and photos of some of the things we have been doing in class.
If you have any further questions about the year ahead please do not hesitate in speaking to me either before/after school. or alternatively emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
We really look forward to teaching your child this year!